If you have fresh zucchini try our favourite summer recipe. These fritters are soft, refreshing and easy to make. The best part is that you can serve them as a snack, an appetizer or even a light lunch or dinner.
In the recipe we used plain and corn flour but you can use other alternatives if you want healthier version of fritters (buckwheat, spelt or millet flour). Be sure to drain zucchini as much as possible so you can form later the fritters.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 600 g zucchini
- 1 medium egg
- 30 ml milk
- 50 g mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 4 tablespoons oat flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- First grate zucchini, sprinkle them with salt and leave for about 10 minutes. Drain zucchini completely using a clean dish towel or your hands.
- In a large bowl whisk together an egg, milk, flours and baking powder until you get smooth texture (a bit thicker than pancake batter). Season with salt and pepper and add dried oregano.
- Add drained zucchini, cutted mozzarella and oat flakes to the batter.
- Prepare the baking tray by lining with the baking paper and sprinkle with some olive oil.
- Using the spoon place a scoop of zucchini batter on the tray forming 12 flat fritters. Brush the fritters with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake for about 10 minutes or until nicely gold brown. Flip and bake on the other side for another 5 minutes.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Zucchini Fritters
You may also like