These fritters are easy to make, low in calorie and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies
If you have fresh zucchini try our favourite summer recipe. These fritters are soft, refreshing and easy to make. The best part is that you can serve them as a snack, an appetizer or even a light lunch or dinner.
In the recipe we used plain and corn flour but you can use other alternatives if you want healthier version of fritters. Be sure to drain zucchini as much as possible so you can form later the fritters. Therefore you can use buckwheat, spelt or millet flour.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
- 600 g zucchini
- 1 medium egg
- 30 ml milk
- 50 g mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 4 tablepoons oat flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Grate zucchini, sprinkle them with salt and leave for about 5 minutes. Drain zucchini completely using a clean dish towel or hands.
- In a large bowl whisk together an egg, milk, both flours and baking powder until you get smooth texture (a bit thicker than pancake batter). Season with salt and pepper and add dried oregano.
- Add drained zucchini, mozzarella (cutted in small pieces) and oat flakes.
- Prepare the baking tray by placing the baking paper on it and sprinkle with some olive oil.
- Using the spoon place a scoop of zucchini batter on the tray forming 12 flat fritters.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake for about 10 minutes or until nicely gold brown. Flip and bake on the other side for another 5 minutes.
Home > Zucchini Fritters
You may also like