Sweet Ricotta Triangles
PUFF PASTRY FILLED WITH RICOTTA
These dessert is super quick to make if you have ready-made pastry. For the filling you have many combination and with ricotta you can add chocolate, raisins or candied orange peel. These triangles are ideal as a breakfast pastry of along the afternoon tea. In Italy this kind of food is known as fazzoletti and can be sweet or savoury depending on the filling. There are endless number of combination for fillings.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 1 ready-made puff pastry (about 300g)
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g ricotta
- 50 g caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 1 tablespoon of rum or amaretto
- icing sugar for dusting
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and divide it in 12 even squares. In a medium-sized bowl, place the ricotta, sugar, egg yolk, grated orange zest and rum. Stir well until you get smooth texture.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the prepared mixture on the bottom corner of every dough square. Brush the rest of the surface of the dough with egg white. Fold over the opposite top corner to create triangles. Press the edges firmly with your fingers or with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the triangles for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving and enjoy them while still warm.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Sweet Ricotta Triangles
You may also like