Sweet Ricotta Triangles
These easy-to-make treats filled with ricotta cheese are ideal for a breakfast or along a cup of tea or coffee
These triangles are so simple to make if you have ready-made puff pastry. They are filled with sugared ricotta cheese with a dash of amaretto liqueur and zest of orange for freshness.
In the filling you can also add some chocolate bites, candied orange peel or some other ingredients. In Italy this kind of sweets are known as "fazzoletti" and can be sweet or savoury depending on the filling.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 1 ready-made puff pastry (about 300g)
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g ricotta
- 40 g caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 1 tablespoon of rum or amaretto
- icing sugar for dusting
- Roll out the puff pastry and divide it in 12 even squares.
- In the meantime prepare the filling: in a medium bowl place the ricotta, egg yolk, sugar, grated orange zest and liqueur. Stir well until you get smooth texture.
- Cover the baking tray with greaseproof paper and transfer your squares on it.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the prepared filling on the bottom corner of every dough square. Brush the rest of the surface of the squares with egg white. Fold over the opposite top corner to create triangles. Press the edges firmly with fingers or with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the triangles for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving and enjoy them while still warm.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Sweet Ricotta Triangles
You may also like