Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Sweet Ricotta Triangles
Sweet Ricotta Triangles
These sweet pastries are one of our favourites and are super quick and easy to make if you have ready-made puff pastry at home. You can prepare them quickly in the morning as fresh breakfast pastries or in the afternoon as a treat for unexpected guests.
In Italy these sweets are known as "fazzoletti" and can be sweet or savoury depending on the filling. You will adore these sweet treats which are the best while still warm or on the same day they're made.
Tips for making perfect sweet ricotta triangles
- Preparation of these puff pastry triangles is so easy. Whether it's store-bought or homemade puff pastry should be rolled out to ensure the dough has an even thickness.
- The filling is very simple - just whisk some fresh ricotta and sugar, add finely grated orange zest and a tablespoon of Amaretto. This way we combined fresh citrus and almond flavours which goes great together. The filling can be enriched with chocolate bites, candied orange peel or ground almonds or pistachios.
- For best results when rolling out puff pastry use a large, clean dry areas and lightly dust it with plain flour. Once the puff pastry is ready, cut into squares, fill with ricotta filling and bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden.
All your favourite recipes in one place
Sweet Ricotta Triangles
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 1 ready-made puff pastry (about 300g)
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 40 g caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange or lemon
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Dust some flour onto a clean work surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry into a square. Cut it into 12 smaller squares and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- For the filling place the ricotta, egg yolk, sugar, finely grated orange zest and a tablespoon of Amaretto in a medium bowl. Stir well until you get smooth texture.
- Place about one tablespoon of the prepared filling on the bottom corner of every dough square. Brush the rest of the surface of the squares with egg white. Fold over the opposite top corner to create triangles. Press the edges firmly with your fingers or with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the triangles for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving and enjoy them while still warm.
Some other recipes you would love