Sweet Ricotta Triangles Recipe
These triangles are super quick to make if you have ready-made puff pastry and can be whipped up in the morning as fresh warm pastries or as a treat for unexpected afternoon guests.
The filling is made with swetened ricotta with addition of finely grated orange/lemon zest to add fresh citrus flavour. Thanks to amaretto liqueur these filling have delicate almond flavour which pairs great with orange flavour.
The filling can be enriched with a variety of ingredients such as chocolate bites, candied orange peel or even some ground almonds or pistachios. Throughout Italy this kind of food are known as "fazzoletti" and can be sweet or savoury depending on the filling.
These are best eaten warm, or on the same day they're made.
Sweet Ricotta Triangles
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 1 ready-made puff pastry (about 300g)
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 40 g caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange or lemon
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Dust some flour onto a clean work surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry into a square. Cut it into 12 smaller squares and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- For the filling place the ricotta, egg yolk, sugar, finely grated orange zest and a tablespoon of amaretto in a medium bowl. Stir well until you get smooth texture.
- Place about one tablespoon of the prepared filling on the bottom corner of every dough square. Brush the rest of the surface of the squares with egg white. Fold over the opposite top corner to create triangles. Press the edges firmly with your fingers or with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the triangles for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving and enjoy them while still warm.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Sweet Ricotta Triangles Recipe
Some other recipes you would love