Sweet Ricotta Triangles Recipe
These triangles are so simple to make if you have ready-made puff pastry. They are filled with sugared ricotta cheese with a dash of amaretto liqueur and zest of orange for some freshness.
In the filling you can also add some chocolate bites, candied orange peel or some other ingredients. In Italy this kind of sweets are known as "fazzoletti" and can be sweet or savoury depending on the filling.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 1 ready-made puff pastry (about 300g)
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g ricotta
- 40 g caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 1 tablespoon rum or amaretto
- icing sugar for dusting
- Dust some flour onto a clean work surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry into a square. Cut it into 12 smaller squares and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: in a medium bowl place the ricotta, egg yolk, sugar, grated orange zest and a tablespoon of desired liqueur. Stir well until you get smooth texture.
- Place about one tablespoon of the prepared filling on the bottom corner of every dough square. Brush the rest of the surface of the squares with egg white. Fold over the opposite top corner to create triangles. Press the edges firmly with your fingers or with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the triangles for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are puffed and golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving and enjoy them while still warm.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Sweet Ricotta Triangles Recipe
Other recipes you may like