Home > Italian Snack & Appetizer Recipes > Simple Corn Flour Crackers
Simple Corn Flour Crackers
Forget the box of crackers at the store, have a fun making your own with this simple recipe. These crackers are made with combination of corn, plain and spelt flours to get rich flavour. Corn flour is the one which gives crunchiness to these crackers and yellow colour.
To get nutty flavour we enriched crackers with sunflower and sesame seeds. You can flavour your crackers with any seed, herb or spice, depending on your tastes.
This recipe is super easy and you will have a bunch of crunchy crackers in front of you in 30 minutes. These crackers are ideal afternoon snack!
How to make simple corn flour crackers
For these crackers combine together plain, corn and spelt flours and add a pinch of salt. Add cubed butter and rub into flours until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add sunflower and sesame seeds and pour water into it. Work with your hand until you get compact dough. Roll the dough thinly and cut rectangular shapes using pizza cutter. Prick each cracker with a fork a few times to prevent them from puffing up while baking. Bake crackers in the oven for about 5 - 6 minutes or until they become lightly brown. Transfer crackers from the baking tray to a cooling rack.
Useful tips for making simple corn flour crackers
- If you happen to have any left and need to store them, allow them to cool completely and pace inside an airtight container.
You may also like following recipes
Simple Corn Flour Crackers
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
- 120 g corn flour
- 40 g spelt flour
- 40 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter
- 100 ml water
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours and salt.
- Add cubed butter and rub it into the flours until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add sunflower and sesame seeds and mix well. Pour the water and
- Pour the water into it and add prepared sunflower and sesame seeds. Incorporate well until you get a compact dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough thinly (0.5 - 1 mm). Cut the rectangular shapes (2 x 6 cm) using a pizza cutter or sharp knife. Alternatively, cut the crackers into squares, diamonds or use cookie cutters. Transfer the crackers one by one to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Prick each cracker with fork few times to prevent them from puffing up while baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven to 180°C for 5 - 6 minutes or until crackers start to become lightly brown. Baking time will depend upon how thin your crackers are. Transfer the crackers to a wire rack to cool completely.
Some other recipes you would love