Simple Buckwheat Crackers
EASY TO MAKE SNACK
These healthy version of crackers are really easy and simple to make. The combination of three different flours, buckwheat, spelt and corn works well and the addition of rosemary gives crackers beautiful flavour. Making them is very easy and in no time you will have 50 crunchy crackers ready to enjoy. You can use any combination of flours according to your taste. Instead of spelt or corn flours you can use rye or oat flours.
You can enjoy these crackers on their own or with anything you can imagine - with some cream cheese, butter or even smoked salmon.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 100 g buckwheat flour (whole wheat)
- 100 g spelt flour
- 100 g corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 dcl water
- 75 ml olive oil
- 80 g sunflower seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
- In a bowl whisk together all three kind of flours (buckwheat, spelt and corn), salt, baking powder, sunflower seeds and chooped rosemary and set aside.
- Mix olive oil with water and add to the dry ingredients.
- Combine into a dough and knead on a surface until smooth. The dough should be nice and smooth (add a little water or flour if needed). Separate the dough into 2 balls.
- Prepare the baking paper, sprinkle with a flour and roll out the dough until about 1mm thickness. Cut the dough into 3x3 cm squares and transfer them onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven (180) for about 10-12 minutes or until they become golden. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Simple Buckwheat Crackers
You may also like