Savoury Herb Cookies
These savoury cookies flavoured with fresh herbs are a perfect treat throughout the day
These savoury cookies which melt in your mouth are ideal snack for every occasion. For preparation you will need only a few ingredients you already have at home. We flavoured them with fresh rosemary leaves but you can use any other herb you like (basil, thyme, sage, origano, lavender). You can even put some curry inside to get interesting flavour and colour or maybe grate some hard cheese inside. They are delicious alone or paired with some interesting cream or cheese spread.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 100 g butter
- 150 g plain flour
- 20 g crushed oat flakes
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil etc)
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, place the flour, oat flakes, chopped herbs (we used rosemary but you can use any combination of herbs) and a pinch of salt. Combine everything together.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and drop them into the bowl, then rub the butter into the dry ingredients until you have fine crumbs. Work everything together until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a work surface and shape into a sausage about 30 cm long and 5 cm in diameter. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put in the fridge to rest for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into slices, each 5-6 mm thick and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes (until they are just turning pale golden around the edges) and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Savoury Herb Cookies
You may also like