Salty Cookies With Fresh Herbs
IDEAL SALTY SNACKS
These salty cookies which melt in your mouth are ideal snack for every occasion. For preparation you will need only a few ingredients you already have at home. We flavoured them with fresh rosemary leaves but you can use any other herb you like (basil, thyme, sage, origano, lavender). You can even put some curry inside to get interesting flavour and colour or maybe grate some hard cheese inside. They are delicious alone or paired with some interesting cream or cheese spread.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES PLUS CHILLING TIME
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 100 g butter
- 150 g plain flour
- 20 g oat flakes
- 2 pinchs of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil etc)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Put the flour, oat flakes, butter and salt in a food processor and mix until a smooth dough forms. Add chopped herbs to the mixture and work well with your hands. We added fresh rosemary leaves but you can use any herb upon your wish.
- Turn out onto a work surface and shape into a cylinder about 30 cm long. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put in the fridge to rest for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Slice the cylinder into rounds, about 7-8 mm thick and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool a little before serving.
Home > Salty Cookies With Fresh Herbs
You may also like