Rosemary Grissini Recipe
Italian grissini are crunchy breadsticks with rustic appearance. They can be served as appetizers wrapped with slices of prosciutto or smoked salmon or they can be great snack to nibble on. You can use any type of flour for preparing them.
In this recipes we used combination of plain and buckwheat flour. Buckwheat flour is a gluten-free flour rich in vitamins and minerals. These grissini also contains flaxseeds and sesame seeds for special flavour. You can use any other seeds for making special flavour. You can shape them any way you prefer and make them thin or thick. They can be long as you wish (10 - 15 cm).
Shop from a range of amazing products
COOKS IN: 40 minutes (plus rising time)
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g corn flour
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Combine in a medium bowl all three kind of flours, dry yeast, sugar, salt, sesame seeds and chopped rosemary. Add olive oil and then gradually add warm water and incorporate all ingredients until you get smooth and soft dough. Leave the dough to rest in a warm place for about 1 hour until it slightly rise.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and using your hands and working with one at a time, roll out to 15 cm long and 5 mm thick strips. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper leaving the space between each as they will rise during the baking.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for about 10-12 minutes or until they are nice and golden brown.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Rosemary Grissini Recipe
Selection of great Italian cookbooks
Some other recipes you would love