Rosemary Grissini Recipe
We adore Italian grissini that can be served as appetizers wrapped with slices of prosciutto or smoked salmon or can be a great snack to nibble throughout the day.
In this easy-to-follow recipes we combined plain flour with corn and chickpea flours to get a special flavour. Sesame seeds and rosemary adds another touch to these grissini. This recipe can be easily adapted to individual tastes and preferences. Grissini are shaped by hand which gives them that rustic shape and crunchy texture.
Once baked grissini can be stored in an airtight container.
COOKS IN: 40 minutes (plus rising time)
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g corn flour
- 100 g chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- Combine in a medium bowl all three kind of flours, dry yeast, sugar, salt, sesame seeds and chopped rosemary. Add olive oil and then gradually add warm water and incorporate all ingredients until you get smooth and soft dough. Leave the dough to rest in a warm place for about 30 minutes to rise.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and using your hands and working with one at a time, roll out to 15 cm long and 5 mm thick strips. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper leaving the space between each as they will rise during the baking.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for about 10-12 minutes or until they are nice and golden brown.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Rosemary Grissini Recipe
Some other recipes you would love