Home > Italian Snack & Appetizer Recipes > Rosemary Focaccia
Focaccia is a wonderful bread to make as it can be used in many different ways. It can be served with pasta, on its own with a slice of prosciutto or even as a pizza base.
MAKES: 1 tray (25x25 cm)
COOKS IN: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 450 g white bread flour
- 10 g dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 320 ml warm water
- olive oil for drizzling
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- flaky sea salt
- Place the flour, salt, yeast and olive oil into a large bowl. Pour in the warm water slowly while stirring with your hand or a wooden spoon to form a dough, then knead the dough in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a oiled work surface and continue kneading for 5 more minutes by stretching out the dough on the work surface, tucking the sides into the middle.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Line a baking tray (25x25 cm) with baking paper. Flatten the dough onto the prepared tray then leave for 1 more hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Using the tips of your fingers, dimple the surface of the dough all over. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle liberally with sea salt and scatter over a few sprigs of rosemary. Bake in the oven for
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil, sprinkle with fine sea salt. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, brushing it with more olive oil as it cooks. When cooked, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve hot or warm.