How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi
Who said, that gnocchi can be made of potatoes only. Look around cookbooks and you will notice countless variations. Here is the easy recipe for delicios pumpkin gnocchi ideal for autumn season when you can buy large orange pumpkins.
- 1 smaller pumpkin (450 g pureé)
- 1 large eggyolk
- 100 g plain flour
- pinch of a salt
- freshly ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200. Wash the pumpkin, cut in the halves using large knife and discard the seeds. Peel the skin and cut into smaller slices. Place thme on a parchment lined baking tray. Sprinkle with sea salt and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- When ready mash the pumpkin to a pureé. Let cook for about 15 minutes. Add the egg yolk and flour, then season the pureé with salt and freshly ground nutmeg. Blend everything together until you get light and soft dough.
- To make gnocchi, flour a wooden board, take amount of the dough in the hand and form it into a finger-thick roll and cut it into little pillows. Stick the knife's blade into the flour to prevent it from sticking to the dough. Then place each gnocchi on a floured parchment paper lined baking tray.
- For any gnocchi dish you need to cook them. To do this bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and reduce heat until the water bubbles lightly. Add the gnocchi, stir so they don't stick to the bottom and let cook until they start floating. Take out gnocchi with a skimmer and prepare with desired sauce.
- The easiest way of preparing gnocchi is to chop the fresh herbs (fresh sage, rosemary, thyme) and put them on non-stick saucepan with 2 tablespoons of oil or small amount of butter. Saute on a high heat, add gnocchi. Serve with grated Parmesan.
Home > How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi
You may also like