Potatoe Hake Croquettes
These easy to make croquettes are ideal for every occassion, whether you choose to serve them as part of your appetizer or as a side dish. Buckwheat flour, rich in vitamins and minerals, gives them nutty flavour while oat flakes gives another twist to this tasty croquettes. You will enjoy them either hot or cold as they are perfect nibble for every occassion. They goes well on their own or with any kind of dip.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes
- 450 g potatoes
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 10 g spelt semolina
- tinned hake (80 g)
- bunch of fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil for drizzle
- Peel and cut the potatoes into even-sized chunks, then place in a large pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, then cook over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them until really smooth. Leave to cool for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Drain the hake from the oil and mashed it with a fork to get smaller flakes.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and then mix in one egg, hake, buckwheat flour, semolina and chopped parsley. Stir everything until well incorporated.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in your hand and roll into finger-shaped croquettes (3 - 4 cm long) - you should get about 40 croquettes.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and grease with olive oil. Place the croquettes on the tray and drizzle with olive on the top.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put the croquettes to bake for about 10 minutes. Turn them on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes. Take them out from the oven and enjoy while still warm.
- If you like, you can shallow fry the croquettes in a large frying pan, turning regularly until golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper and serve warm.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Potatoe Hake Croquettes
Other recipes you may like