Home > Italian Snack & Appetizer Recipes > Potato Hake Croquettes
Potato Hake Croquettes
You will love these croquettes made with potato and hake which you can serve as a part of appetizer, as a side dish or just simple nibble. You also won't believe how simple and easy this recipe is to make.
This is a healthy version of croquettes made with buckwheat flour and baked in the oven instead of frying. The buckwheat flour is rich in vitamins and minerals, and gives croquettes nutty flavour while oat flakes gives crunchy twist to these tasty snack.
Our potato hake croquettes are great warm of cold and goes well on their own or with any kind of dip.
How to make potato hake croquettes
For making this croquettes first cook the peeled potatoes in a water until tender. Mash the potatoes until you get a smooth texture and leave to cool for a few minutes. Now season the potatoes and add flour, semolina, egg, hake and finely chopped parsley. Stir until everything combined. Form a long croquettes and place them on greased baking tray and then bake in the oven until golden. Enjoy still warm or cold!
Useful tips for making potato hake croquettes
- If you like, you can shallow fry the croquettes in a large frying pan, turning regularly until golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper and serve warm.
You may also like following recipes
Potato Hake Croquettes
COOKS IN: 1 hour
- 450 g potatoes
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 10 g spelt semolina
- 80 g hake (tinned)
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even-sized chunks, then place in a large pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cook over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them until really smooth. Leave to cool for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Drain the hake from the oil and mash it with a fork to get smaller flakes.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and mix in an egg, buckwheat flour, semolina, hake and finely chopped parsley. Stir everything until well incorporated.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in your hand and roll into finger-shaped croquettes (3 - 4 cm long). You should get about 40 croquettes.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and grease with olive oil. Place the croquettes on the tray and drizzle with olive oil on the top.
- Bake the croquettes in the oven preheated to 180°C for about 10 minutes. Turn them with a spatula on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes.
Some other recipes you would love