Home > Italian Snack & Appetizer Recipes > Mini Pizzas with Anchovies
Mini Pizzas with Anchovies
You will adore these small pizza bites which makes ideal appetizer for a buffet or great afternoon snack. In this recipe we used combination of plain and corn flours to get rich taste of the dough. These pizza biters are topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella and anchovies.
The little pizza bites are even good at room temperature, but you can keep them on a warming tray if you'd like to keep the cheese soft and melted.
How to make mini pizzas with anchovies
For making the dough combine plain and spelt flours, salt, sugar and dry yeast in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the water, stir with wooden spoon and form a soft dough. Knead the dough for a few minutes, shape into a ball and set aside in a warm place to rise (around 30 - 40 minutes). Roll the dough gently using a rolling pin, cut small rounds and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the top of each piece with olive oil, spread some tomato sauce, mozzarella and one anchovy fillet. Sprinkle with some dry oregano. Bake in the oven for about 10 - 12 minutes or until dough is crisp and golden.
Tips for the perfect mini pizzas with anchovies
- Use a cookie cutter or the drinking glass to cut your pizza rounds from the dough.
- These mini pizzas are best served immediately. if you have leftover pizzas, you can store them in the fridge and put them in the oven or toaster to warm again.
- Mini pizzas can be frozen for up to 2 months. Heat the pizzas from frozen in the oven at 180 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
You may also like following recipes
Mini Pizzas with Anchovies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus rising time
FOR THE DOUGH
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 140 - 150 ml warm water
FOR THE TOPPING
- 125 g mozzarella
- 75 g anchovies
- 6 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- Dried oregano
- Combine the flours, salt, sugar and dry yeast in a medium bowl and then make a well in the centre of the mixture. Pour in the lukewarm water, stir then use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a soft dough. You may need more or less water depending on the flours.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the dough feels smooth. Shape into a ball, place in a bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size (around 30 - 40 minutes).
- Using a rolling pin roll gently the dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into rounds using a small glass and place them onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Brush the top of each piece with olive oil, place one tablespoon of tomato sauce on each round, sprinkle with diced mozzarella. Place one anchovy fillet on each round. Sprinkle with oregano on the top. Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for about 10 - 12 minutes or until dough is crisp and golden. Serve immediately!
Some other recipes you would love