Marzipan Spelt Cookies
You will adore these festive cookies flavoured with walnuts and with a twist of marzipan...
Christmas holidays are time for cookies when homes are filled with scent of holiday spices and joy. These simple cookies are made from combination of flours (plain and spelt). Special ingredients is marzipan which can be bought from food stores or you can make your own from almonds, sugar and egg whites. These delicious marzipan cookies are ideal nibble throughout the day and can be kept in the airtight container.
COOKS IN: 40 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g spelt flour
- 250 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g marzipan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- grated zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- pinch of salt
- Cut the softened butter and marzipan into a big mixing bowl, add the juice and zest of one orange. Beat with an electric mixer until you get a creamy texture.
- Combine both the plain and spelt flour in a medium bowl, add baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add ground walnuts to the butter mixture. Now gradually add flour and work everything by hand until you get a compact dough. Wrap it in a cling film and put in the fridge to rest for about half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Dust the working surface with flour and roll out the dough to 5-6 mm thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place the cookies onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown at the bottom. Allow to rest for 2 minutes and remove them from the tray to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Marzipan Spelt Cookies
You may also like