Marzipan Spelt Cookies
These sweet cookies are made from spelt flour and walnuts with addition of marzipan...
These adorable marzipan cookies are ideal treat for your guests in every occassion - afternoon tea, Christmas or birthday. You will also love this cookies with marzipan which gives them that special almond flavour. Addition of spelt flour gives them special nutty flavour. You can keep them in the metal tin for a while.
COOKS IN: 40 MINUTES PLUS CHILLING TIME
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g spelt flour
- 250 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g marzipan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- grated zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- pinch of salt
- Cut the butter and marzipan into smaller pieces and place them together with the sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the orange juice and grated orange zest. Beat with an electric mixer until you get creamy texture.
- Combine plain and spelt flour in a medium bowl and then add baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add the ground walnuts to the butter mixture. Now gradually add flour and work everything with a hand until you get compact dough. Wrap the dough by cling film and put in the fridge to rest for about half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Prepare the baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Dust the working surface with flour and roll out the dough to 5-6 mm thick and cut into various shapes using cookie cutters. Place the cookies onto baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly brown at the bottom. Take them out from the oven and leave to cool.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Marzipan Spelt Cookies
You may also like