Healthy Chocolate & Zucchini Muffins
These healthy muffins are made of gluten-free millet flour, zucchini and chocolate. You'll never taste the veggies!
YBut not just any muffins. These muffins needed to be indisputably delicious while still using wholesome ingredients. I wanted them to taste rich and satisfying but still be fit for a healthy breakfast. Also, chocolate. We needed chocolate.
Although Well Plated is a mostly “healthy” food blog, to me healthy doesn’t mean sticking to a specific diet, giving up favorite foods (chocolate forever ♥), or blowing your budget on fancy ingredients.
In this recipe we used gluten-free millet flour but you can use other gluten-free flours such as rise flour or amaranth flour.
COOKS IN: 40 MINUTES
- 200 g zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- 200 g quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons water
- 100 g millet flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon agava syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- Grate zucchini finely and drain partially some water leaving them still moist.
- Place chia seeds in a cup and add 5 tablespoons of water and stir everything. Leave aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together millet flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Cut 50 g of chocolate in small pieces. Melt the rest of the chocolate (150 g) with coconut oil, add agave syrup and amaretto liqueur in it.
- When melted gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding by hand with spatula and stirring until the flour disappears. Fold in the grated zucchini and pieces of chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare muffin tray (6 muffins) by placing tullin muffin cups in it. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffins cups, filling no more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are set and the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
You may also like