Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
You should definitely try this recipe for healthy and delicious chocolate zucchini muffins. They are so soft, moist and rich that you will want more. We used here gluten-free millet flour because we wanted these muffins to be gluten-free but you can also use any other flour. Be sure to use quality dark chocolate and cocoa powder which will give rich chocolate taste to the muffins. A dash of amaretto liqueur is always a plus so we added it to the muffins. Grated zucchini make these muffins moist.
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
- Grate zucchini finely and drain partially some water leaving them still moist.
- Place chia seeds in a cup and add 5 tablespoons of water and stir everything. Leave aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together millet flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Cut 50 g of chocolate in small pieces. Melt the rest of the chocolate (150 g) with coconut oil, add agave syrup and amaretto liqueur in it.
- When melted gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding by hand with spatula and stirring until the flour disappears. Fold in the grated zucchini and pieces of chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare muffin tray (6 muffins) by placing tullip muffin cups in it. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffins cups, filling no more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are set and the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
You may also like