Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
You should definitely try this recipe for healthy and delicious chocolate zucchini muffins. They are so soft, moist and rich that you will want more. We used here gluten-free millet flour because we wanted these muffins to be gluten-free but you can also use any other flour. Be sure to use quality dark chocolate and cocoa powder which will give rich chocolate taste to the muffins. A dash of amaretto liqueur is always a plus so we added it to the muffins. Grated zucchini make these muffins moist.
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
- 200 g zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- 150 g quality dark chocolate
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons water
- 100 g millet flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- Grate the zucchini finely and drain partially some water leaving them still moist.
- Place chia seeds in a cup, add 5 tablespoons of water and stir everything. Leave aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together millet flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Instead of millet flour you can use any other kind of flour.
- Place broken chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and stir occasionally until melted. Add agave syrup and 1 tablespoon of Amaretto liqueur.
- Stir gradually dry ingredients into chocolate mixture, folding by hand with spatula and stirring until the flour disappears. Fold in grated zucchini, chocolate chips and prepared chia seeds.
- Line muffins tray with 6 tulip-shaped muffins cups and scoop the batter into them by filling no more than 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven to 180°C for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are set and the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Other recipes you may like