Flourless Orange Cake Recipe
If you are looking for a simple gluten-free cake this orange and almond cake will be the right choice for you.
Our flourless orange cake is made using whole oranges so be sure to use non-treated oranges. The oranges are boiled until soft and then mashed into a smooth orange purée, which gives the cake a subtle bitterness when you taste it.
Once you've made the orange purée, this cake couldn't be simpler to make. Just combine all ingredients and pour the batter in the prepared springform cake tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds. If you notice that the cake is browning too much, simply place a sheet of baking paper over the top and continue to bake.
This cake is a gluten-free as we use almond flour which is made from blanched almonds that are finely ground. You can buy almond flour from food store or even make your own at home.
This cake can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Serve with whipped cream on the side and enjoy!
Flourless Orange Cake
COOKS IN: 1h 45 minutes
- 3 medium organic oranges (about 600 g orange pureé)
- 6 medium eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 200 g almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Icing sugar for dusting
- For preparing the orange purée, wash the oranges and place them in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1 hour or until completely soft. Remove oranges from the water, drain and cool completely. Trim the ends of the oranges, roughly hop them into small pieces (including the peel) and remove any seeds.
- Make a smooth purée using a food processor or a hand blender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare 23 springform cake tin by lining the bottom with baking paper and greasing the sides with a butter.
- Beat the eggs and caster sugar until pale and frothy. Carefully fold the orange purée into this mixture and then add the almond flour, baking powder and one tablespoon of amaretto liqueur.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform tin and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top of the cake. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden and the centre of the cake is firm when pressed gently with your fingertip. Let cool in the springform for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Flourless Orange Cake Recipe
Some other recipes you would love