Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake
We have an interesting recipe for super rich chocolate cake packed with incredible ingredients. This recipe calls for hazelnut flour which makes this cake ideal for those who want to avoid gluten. Hazelnut flour consists of ground hazelnuts and can be used for brownies or cookies.
In this recipe we used quality dark chocolate with 65% cocoa as well as good cocoa powder to get intense chocolate cake. Not to mention that chocolate pairs well with all nuts and particularly with hazelnuts. If you want a lighter version of the cake replace half of the amount of hazelnut flour with almond flour.
How to make flourless hazelnut chocolate cake
For this cake first melt chocolate together with butter, add rum and cocoa dissolved in hot water. Now add sugar, egg yolks one by one and hazelnut flour in the end. Beat the egg whites in a bowl and fold slowly into the mixture using a rubber spatula until everything incorporated. Bake for about 20 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool. Dust with cocoa powder and slice using a sharp knife.
Useful tips for making flourless hazelnut chocolate cake
- In this recipe we used hazelnut flour which is ideal for making cookies, brownies, pies and other sweet goods.
- This chocolate hazelnut cake is delicious served with a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt mixed with some orange zest.
You may also like following recipes
All your favourite recipes in one place
Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Recipe
COOKS IN: 1 hour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 80 ml hot water
- 150 g dark chocolate (65% cocoa)
- 150 g butter
- 120 g brown sugar
- 120 g hazelnut flour
- 1 tablespoon rum or Amaretto
- 4 medium eggs
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Blend cocoa powder with the hot water in a bowl until smooth.
- Snap the chocolate into a large bowl, add the butter and place over a pan of simmering water, until melted, stirring regularly. Stir in cocoa, sugar, egg yolks and hazelnut flour. Add 1 tablespoon of rum or Amaretto.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold this into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Line 24-cm square baking tin with baking paper. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared tin and bake in the oven at 170°C for about 20 - 25 minutes or until firm. Take out the cake from the tin together with baking paper and place on a wire rack to cool. Dust with extra cocoa, cut into squares and serve.
Some other recipes you would love