Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Easy Homemade White Chocolate Truffles
White Chocolate Truffles
When it comes to sweets, a chocolate truffle is considered one of the most elegant sweets on the planet. But beside dark chocolate truffles you can also make the one with white chocolate. This easy recipe for silky white chocolate truffles is a great choice for your holidays and parties.
Because white chocolate has such a neutral flavour, you can add different flavouring, combine several and make endless variety. They can be rolled in sugar, cocoa powder or dipped in dark or white chocolate to be more stable at room temperature.
Deliciously creamy white chocolate ganache truffles!
How to make easy homemade white chocolate truffles
The most important thing in this recipe is to make perfect white chocolate ganache. First chop the white chocolate using sharp knife and pour over simmering whipping cream. Whisk slowly until the chocolate melts then add butter and whisk again until combined. Leave in the fridge for about 1 - 1.5 hour or more for mixture to harden up. Using a teaspoon take a small amounts of mixture and roll between the palms of your hands. Roll each ball into white chocolate shavings and place on a tray. Keep in the fridge until serving. For more details and tips for making white chocolate truffles check the recipe card below.
Useful tips for making easy homemade white chocolate truffles
- We suggest you to chop the chocolate with serrated knife into smalle pieces so it melts quickly and evenly once whipping cream is poured over it.
- Depending on the chocolate and the cream you use , your truffles may need a little longer to set. Once you can roll them into a ball using your hands, you are good to go. If the mixture is too soft, leave it in the fridge for longer or transfer to the freezer for 15 - 30 minutes before rolling.
- White chocolate truffles can be rolled in finely chopped nuts, crushed cookies, coconut, cocoa powder, icing sugar or even finely chopped dried fruits.
- For the best taste and texture, serve the truffles at room temperature.
- If stored in an airtight container in the fridge, these white chocolate truffles can last for up to 2 weeks.
You may also like following recipes
All your favourite recipes in one place
White Chocolate Truffles
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 200 g white chocolate
- 40 ml whipping cream (4 tablespoons)
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- White chocolate shavings for coating
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces using a sharp knife and place in a medium bowl.
- Place whipping cream into a saucepan and heat on medium heat until it begins to simmer. Pour it over the chocolate and slowly whisk until the chocolate melts completely.
- Add butter and orange juice and continue to whisk until combined and smooth. Place cling film over the top and keep in the fridge for about 1 - 1.5 hour until firm enough to scoop.
- Use a teaspoon to form a small balls. Dust your hands with icing sugar and roll the balls between the palms of your hands to make them round. Place the balls on a tray covered with aluminium foil or baking paper. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Place white chocolate shavings into a shallow bowl and roll each truffles into it until completely covered. Keep in the fridge until serving.
Some other recipes you would love