Crispy Homemade Crackers
EASY TO MAKE SNACK
These healthy version of crackers are really easy and simple to make. The combination of three different flours, buckwheat, spelt and corn works well and the addition of rosemary gives crackers beautiful flavour. Making them is very easy and in no time you will have 50 crunchy crackers ready to enjoy. You can use any combination of flours according to your taste. Instead of spelt or corn flours you can use rye or oat flours.
You can enjoy these crackers on their own or with anything you can imagine - with some cream cheese, butter or even smoked salmon.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 100 g buckwheat flour (whole wheat)
- 100 g spelt flour
- 100 g corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 ml olive oil
- 150 ml water
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
- In a medium bowl combine together all three kind of flours (buckwheat, spelt and corn), baking powder, salt, sunflower seeds and chopped rosemary.
- Mix olive oil with water and add to the dry ingredients.
- Combine into a dough and knead until smooth. The dough should be nice and smooth (add a little bit of water or flour if needed). Separate the dough into 2 balls.
- Sprinkle the baking paper with a flour and roll out until about 1 mm thickness. Cut the dough into 3x3 cm squares and transfer them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180°C for about 10-12 minutes or until they become golden.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy with your favourite dip or on its own.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Crispy Homemade Crackers
You may also like