Crispy Homemade Crackers
Simple crisp crackers made from three types of flours with
sunflower seeds and rosemary
These healthy version of crackers are really easy and simple to make. The combination of three different flours, buckwheat, spelt and corn works well and the addition of rosemary gives crackers beautiful flavour. These combination of flours gives great flavour but you can use any other combination according to your preferences.
Preparing these crackers will not take you much time and you will have a bunch of healthy crackers ready to enjoy on their own or with some dip or even smoked salmon.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
- 100 g wholewheat buckwheat flour
- 100 g spelt flour
- 100 g corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 ml olive oil
- 150 ml sparkling water
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
- In a medium bowl combine together flours, baking powder, salt, sunflower seeds and chopped rosemary.
- In a separate bowl or jug mix olive oil and sparkling water together. Add this gradually to the dry ingredients and mix until it comes together as a dough. The dough should be nice and smooth (add a little bit of water or flour if needed). Separate the dough into 2 balls.
- Roll the dough out as thinly as you can and using a knife cut into 3x3 cm squares. Transfer crackers onto a lined baking tray and prick them thoroughly all over with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven to 180°C for about 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool them and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Crispy Homemade Crackers
You may also like