Colosseum Tickets Info
The Colosseum is one of the most visited sights in Rome and usually you will find long lines in front of it. We will explain here what kind of tickets you can get for visiting this amazing Roman sight and how to avoid waiting in the lines for hours.
For security reasons, only 3000 people are allowed inside the Colosseum in the same time. This means that even if you bought your skip-the-line ticket, you might have to wait for a while.
Colosseum tickets - types
There are different types of Colosseum tickets that include different things. There are also city passes, free days and seasonal tickets.
Starting from January 2020, there are two main ticket types for the Colosseum:
Standard entry ticket
- €16 for an adult
- €2 for EU citizens between the ages of 18-25.
- Free for all visitors under 18 years of EU and non-EU.
If you book in advance, which allows you to skip the line, there is a €2 fee.
Here is some info about standard Colosseum ticket:
- This ticket includes a visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- You have 1 day to visit all three sites
- You can only visit each site once
- The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill are actually one park, so you have to visit them together.
- The main entrance to the Roman Forum is on via dei Fori Imperiali, where via Cavour meets it.
- The main entrance to the Palatine Hill is past the huge arch of Constantine on Via di San Gregorio 30.
Full experience ticket
The new Full Experience ticket costs €55 (plus €2 to book in advance). This ticket includes:
Here is some info about Full Experience ticket
- One entry to the Colosseum
- One entry to either the Colosseum arena floor OR to the Colosseum underground
- Entry to the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill and all the S.U.P.E.R sites
- Entrance to the Imperial Forums (Julius Caesar and Trajan)
Free entrance to the Colosseum
- Visitors under 18
- For holders of a Roma Pass or other rome city passes that allows entry to the Colosseum
- For visitors with disabilities and to their family or other companion, tourist guides of the EU in the excercise of their activities professional, the interpreters of the EU when their assistance is required alongside the guide, faculty of art history of Upper Secondary Schools
- On the first Sunday of every month from October to March
- During Culture week, which in 2019 is from March 5-10 inclusive
How to skip-the-line at the Colosseum
Find out our suggestions for skipping the lines when visiting the Colosseum:
Purchase skip-the-line Colosseum tickets online
If you already know the day and time of your visit to the Colosseum you can buy a range of tickets in advance through Tiqets online agency. Here is the procedure for purchasing tickets online and visiting the Colosseum:
- Choose your skip-the-line Colosseum ticket and then choose date and time of your visit
- Once your purchase is completed you will get a voucher with all useful info for your visit. This voucher contains a barcode which you need to show the Tiqets representative on the day of the visit. Meet the Tiqets at the meeting point - in front of the Colosseo metro station near the green kiosk.
- The representative will take you to the skip-the-line entrance where you will need to pass security check. Once inside you will have free time to explore the Colosseum.
- After you Colosseum visit the Tiqets representative (who will wait you next to the Arch of Constantine situated next to the Colosseum) will take you to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Please note that all three sites must be visited on the same day.
A selection of Colosseum skip-the-line tickets
Arch of Constantine next to the Colosseum
Purchase Roma Pass or OMNIA Pass
Use the Colosseum as one of free entries with the Roma Pass or OMNIA Card. Both Roma Pass and OMNIA Card includes free visit to major Rome sights and museums, as well as discounts at other sites and free public transport.
Buy Roma Pass & OMNIA Pass online
Take a guided Colosseum tour
One of the ways to visit the Colosseum is by taking one of many guided tours. Many private agencies offer a variety of tours in Rome including the one to the Colosseum. Their tours are mostly great and fun as they want to please visitors.
Those who visit the Colosseum on a tour goes directly to the Group Entrance instead of regular one. Taking the tour will grant you access to areas like underground and also 4th of 5th levels, than regular ticket simply don't include.
A selection of the Colosseum guided tours
Book online at the best price & Free cancellation!
Home > Visiting the Colosseum > Colosseum Tickets
You may also like