Coconut Almond Snowballs
These soft and light balls are a healthy version of sweets that can be enjoyed in every occassion. Balls are without added sugar but if you prefer sweeter desserts you can add some sugar in it or maybe a agava syrup. We used here coconut flour which has these typical coconut scent and flavour and is also low in fat.
Toasted ground almonds give a special taste to these great almond balls. Coconut flour is a great ingredients in desserts but it requires much more moisture and generally a lot more eggs. We added a dash of amaretto - almond flavour liqueur.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Grancereale biscuits
- 2 tablespoons oat flakes
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- coconut flour & grated chocolate for coating
- Put cream in a pot over a medium heat and add corn starch. Mix well until and stir for about 10 minutes or until is thicken. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of amaretto liqueur.
- Remove from the heat and stir until it cools completely. Add Grancereale biscuits, coconut flour, oat flakes and almonds (toasted & ground). As coconut flour absorbs lots of liquid you will need to add some milk if the texture is to hard.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge for 20 minutes until mixture become firm and harden.
- Dose mixture with a teaspoon and form small bite-size balls using your hand. Roll each ball in the mixutre of coconut & shredded chocolate and place on the wax paper. Finally, place coconut almond balls in the fridge until serving.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Coconut Almond Snowballs
You may also like