Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Coconut Almond Snowballs
Coconut Almond Snowballs
These soft and light balls are a healthy version of sweets that can be enjoyed in every occasion. Easy to make these balls don't contain any added sugar but if you prefer sweeter dessert you can add some agave syrup.
In this recipe we use coconut flour which gives balls typical coconut scent while at the same time it is low in fat. Coconut flour which is gluten-free flour, can be bought from healthy food stores and can be used as substitute for other flours when making bread, pancakes, cookies, muffins or other baked goods. Just note that coconut flour tends to absorb more liquid than other flours.
If you get hungry between meals, these balls are a great little snack!
How to make coconut almond snowballs
For making these light coconut balls first place the whipping cream and the cornstarch in a saucepan over a medium heat, whisk until thickens. Add coconut oil and Amaretto liqueur and stir again. Now add dry ingredients - Grancereale biscuits, coconut flour, oat flakes and grounded almonds. Place mixture in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes. Now, form a small balls with your hands and roll each ball into coconut flour.
Useful tips for making coconut almond snowballs
- You can keep these balls in the fridge for several days although they will probably be eaten much sooner. They are packed full of healthy nutrients from the almond and coconut.
All your favourite recipes in one place
Coconut Almond Snowballs
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Grancereale biscuits
- 2 tablespoons oat flakes
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- Coconut flour & Shredded chocolate
- Place the cream and the corn starch in a saucepan over a medium heat. Mix well and stir for about 10 minutes or until thickens. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of Amaretto liqueur. Remove from the heat and stir until it cools completely.
- Add grounded Grancereale biscuits, coconut flour, oat flakes and toasted ground almonds. As coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquids you may need to add some milk if the texture is to hard.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge for 20 minutes until mixture become firm and harden.
- Dose mixture with a teaspoon and form small bite-size balls using your hands. Roll each ball in the mixture of coconut flour and shredded chocolate and place them on the baking paper. Finally, place snowballs in the fridge until serving.
Some other recipes you would love