Christmas Cookies Recipe
You are going to love these adorable crunchy cookies full of rich dark chocolate and chopped walnuts
Christmas wouldn't be perfect complete without a platter of delicious cookies. These easy-to-make crispy cookies are ideal combination of walnuts, rich dark chocolate and the flavour of orange zest. You can easily change walnuts for almonds or hazelnuts or use any combination of nuts you can imagine. In this case it would be good to toast them in the oven before chopping to get that special taste.
These Christmas cookies are so easy to make - just follow this recipe and you will have a bunch of delicious crispy cookies. They go well with a cup of coffee or a tea. These cookies should be stored in an airtight container, separated by a sheet of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
COOKS IN: 45 minutes
- 300 g plain flour
- 20 g almond flour
- 50 g oat flakes
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g walnuts
- 60 g caster sugar
- 250 g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon of amaretto
- zest of one orange
- pinch of salt
- Finely chop the half of the chocolate while the other half should be roughly chopped. Ground the half of the amount of walnuts while coarsely chop the other half.
- In a large bowl, combine together sifted flour, almond flour, oat flakes, chopped chocolate and chopped walnuts.
- Blend the softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer, add two eggs and blend for about 1 minute. Add zest of one orange, a tablespoon of amaretto and a pinch of salt.
- Add gradually dry ingredients into the butter mixture until everything incorporated. You will get soft and compact dough.
- Take small amounts of dough and shape them into chestnut-sized balls. Place them apart from each other on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C for about 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 175°C and bake for another 5 minutes. The bottoms of the cookies should be lightly browned.
- Leave the cookies to cool for a while and transfer them to a serving bowl. Dust with icing sugar on the top. The cookies are particularly tasty on the day they're baked, but they can be kept in an airtight container for a while.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Christmas Cookies Recipe
You may also like