Christmas Cookies Recipe
ADORABLE COOKIES WITH NUTS & CHOCOLATE
Christmas wouldn't be perfect without delicious cookies. These crispy cookies are ideal combination of flavours - rich dark chocolate, walnuts and zest of orange. They are very easy to make - just follow this recipe and you will have a bunch of delicious crispy cookies. They go well with a cup of coffee or a tea. These cookies should be stored in an airtight container, separated by a sheet of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 400 g plain flour
- 50 g oat flakes
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- 120 g caster sugar
- 340 g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
- zest of one orange
- In a large bowl, combine together sifted flour, oat flakes, chopped chocolate, chopped walnuts and a pinch of salt.
- Blend butter and sugar with an electric mixer and add grated orange zest. Beat eggs into creamed mixture. Add butter mixture and eggs to dry ingredients and combine together until everything incorporated.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 175°C and bake for another 5 minutes. The bottoms should be lightly browned.
- Leave the cookies to cool and dust them with icing sugar. They are the best still a bit warm but also delicious when cooled.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Christmas Cookies Recipe
You may also like