Chocolate Tartlets Recipe
Sweet tartlets with rich chocolate & butternut squash filling and chestnut flour pastry
These delicious tartlets are true fall-inspired dessert made from chestnut flour and butternut squash. They are also healthy version of dessert with no added sugar.
The chestnut flour, which is ideal gluten-free, gives that nutty taste to the shortcrust pastry. Butternut squash, vegetable rich in minerals and vitamins is ideal addition to many desserts. Chocolate filling is boosted with butternut squash pureé which is roasted in the oven.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes plus chilling time
FOR SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- 50g oat flakes
- 100 g spelt flour
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 125 g butter
- 30 ml agave syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING
- To make pastry, combine in the bowl spelt and chestnut flour, oat flakes with a pinch of salt. Add sliced butter, egg yolk and agave syrup. Work everything with your hands until mixture comes together. Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut pastry into 6 even pieces and press into tartlet pans with removable bases. Bake for about 15 minutes in preheated oven (180°C).
- Cut pilled butternut squash into smaller pieces and bake them in the oven (200°C) until becomes soft (it will take around 45 minutes). Smash the squash with a fork to make a pureé.
- Meanwhile, heat cream in a saucepan over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until nearly boiling. Whisk in chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add the butternut squash pureé into this mixture, add a pinch of salt and stir until everything incorporated. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. Pour mixture evenly into tartlets and leave to settle and cool.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Tartlets Recipe
You may also like