Chocolate Tartlets Recipe
These delicious tartlets are true fall-inspired dessert made from chestnut flour and butternut squash. They are also healthy version of dessert with no added sugar.
The chestnut flour, which is ideal gluten-free, gives that nutty taste to the shortcrust pastry. Butternut squash, vegetable rich in minerals and vitamins is ideal addition to many desserts. Chocolate filling is boosted with butternut squash purée which is roasted in the oven.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes plus chilling time
FOR SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- 100 g spelt flour
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 50 g instant rolled oats
- 125 g butter
- 30 ml agave syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING
- To make the pastry, sift in the medium bowl spelt and chestnut flours then add instant rolled oats and a pinch of salt. Add sliced butter, egg yolk and agave syrup. Work everything with your hands until mixture comes together. Shape into a disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Divide the pastry into 6 even pieces and press into tartlet tins with removable bases. Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven preheated to 180°C.
- Cut the peeled butternut squash into smaller pieces and bake them in the preheated oven to 200°C until becomes soft (it will take around 45 minutes). Smash the squash with a fork to make a purée.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until nearly boiling. Put the chocolate inside and stir until completely melted.
- Add the butternut squash purée into this mixture, add a pinch of salt and stir until everything incorporated. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. Pour the filling evenly into tartlet cases and leave to settle and cool.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Tartlets Recipe
Other recipes you may like