Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Spelt Cookies
Chocolate Spelt Cookies
We would love to share with you our recipe for interesting cookies you will love for sure. In this recipes we combined spelt, hazelnut, coconut and plain flours to get rich taste and dense texture.
Both hazelnut flour and coconut flour are gluten-free and are outstanding in cakes, cookies and pastries but can also be used in savoury recipes. Cookies are enriched with chunks of quality dark chocolate to add intense chocolate flavour.
How to make chocolate spelt cookies
These cookies are made so easy you will be amazed. First cream the butter and sugar in a bowl and then beat in an egg. Now add dry ingredients - all 4 kind of flours and chopped dark chocolate. Prepare the baking tray and using an ice-cream scoop form domes of dough on the baking tray. Bake for only 10 minutes and be sure not to overbake them as they will become too dry once cooled.
Useful tips for making chocolate spelt cookies
- In this recipe we used combination of plain, spelt, coconut and hazelnut flours. This combination gets interesting flavour and texture to the cookies.
- Instead of chopped dark chocolate you can use dark chocolate chips.
All your favourite recipes in one place
You may also like following recipes
Chocolate Spelt Cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 130 g butter
- 30 g brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon rum or Amaretto
- 40 g spelt flour
- 40 g hazelnut flour
- 20 g coconut flour
- 20 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 70 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a medium bowl, then beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Add a pinch of salt.
- Combine flours with baking powder, then fold together wich chopped dark chocolate into the creamed mixture. Working with your hands form a soft compact dough and add chopped dark chocolate.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and oil with sunflower oil. Using ice-cream scoop form 12 mounds on the prepared baking tray, spaced well apart and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool for a few seconds, then using a spatula, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. The cookies are best eaten when just baked, but you can store them in an airtight container for a few days.
Some other recipes you would love