Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
These muffin recipe is one of our favourite ones and we assure you that they will be a huge success with your family and friends.
Muffins are perfectly moist and rich in chocolate flavour thanks to the ingredients we use in this recipe. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the chestnut purée which gives that delicate flavour to the muffins as well as make them extra moist together with yogurt. Since the chestnut purée we use in this recipe is sweetened we didn't use any additional sugar. If you use unsweetened one feel free to add some sugar. The chestnut flour has also its own natural sweetness.
These muffins are excellent combination of chocolate and chestnut flavours which compliment each other well. For these muffins we use quality dark chocolate for getting intensive chocolate flavour.
Once baked arrange chocolate chestnut muffins on serving plates for people to enjoy them, there won't be any left over!
Tips for making chocolate chestnut muffins
- Be sure to use the quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa. Choose from the widest selection of cooking chocolates (couverture chocolate) and other chocolate products from Chocolate Trading Company which delivers internationally. Couverture chocolate is suitable for all types of chocolate making, decoration, melting, moulding and baking. It is available in different weights and forms and coming from the finest chocolate makers.
- The chestnut flour can be bought from your local food store. If you are unable to get it you can order it online.
- We suggest you to bake your muffins in muffins tray lined with large tulip-shaped muffin cups which will result in soft and moist muffins. Also, be sure not to overbake them. Insert the toothpick into the muffin and it should have some crumbs on it.
Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
COOKS IN: 60 minutes
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Place defrosted chestnut purée into a bowl and mash with a fork until you get a creamy texture.
- Place broken chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until you get smooth and silky texture. Add chestnut pureé and 1 tablespoon of amaretto and stir well with a whisk.
- Whisk one egg and yogurt together. Pour this into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in gradually dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture using silicon spatula until everything incorporated. At the end add finely chopped pistachios.
- Line muffin tray with 6 tulip-shaped muffin cups and using a large spoon fill them 3/4 full.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake muffins for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate tops of muffins with roughly chopped pistachios before serving.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
Some other recipes you would love