Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
Sweet chestnuts and dark chocolate make a heavenly combination at winter time
These muffins have ideal combination of dark chocolate and chestnuts. We didn't use any added sugar in this recipe as we used sweetened chestnut pureé as well as chestnut flour which has its natural sweetness. We added pistachios in the batter for better taste. Yogurt gives moist texture to this muffins.
COOKS IN: 60 MINUTES
- 80 g plain flour
- 80 g chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa
- 100 g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 g sweetened chestnut pureé
- 50 g butter
- 1 medium egg
- 2 dl yogurt
- 20 g pistachios
- amaretto liqueur
- pinch of salt
- white chocolate & pistachios for decoration
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Put the chestnut purée into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Melt the chocolate over the bain-marie, add butter and stir everything until you get smooth and silky texture. Add chestnut pureé and one tablespoon of amaretto liqueur and stir well with a spoon.
- Whisk one egg and add then add a yogurt and stir everything together. Combine together this with chocolate mixture.
- Fold in gradually dry ingredients to chocolate mixture using large spoon until everything incorporated. At the end fold in finely chopped pistachios.
- Line muffin tray with 6 muffin cups and oil them. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 175°C. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate muffins with white chocolate curls and chopped pistachios before serving.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
You may also like