Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
These muffin recipe is one of our favourite ones and we assure you that they will be a huge success with your family and friends. These tempting muffins are perfectly moist and rich in chocolate flavour thanks to the ingredients we use in this recipe.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the chestnut purée which gives that delicate flavour to the muffins as well as make them extra moist together with yogurt. Everybody will be delightful with these rich chocolate muffins!
Tips for making perfect chocolate chestnut muffins
- Since the chestnut purée we use in this recipe is sweetened we didn't use any additional sugar. If you use unsweetened one feel free to add some sugar. The chestnut flour has also its own natural sweetness.
- Be sure to sift the chestnut flour before adding to other ingredients as it tends to compress itself into lumps. The chestnut flour can be found at your local health food store.
- These muffins are excellent combination of chocolate and chestnut flavour which compliment each other well. For these muffins we use quality dark chocolate for getting intensive chocolate flavour.
- We advise you to use muffin tray lined with tulip-shaped muffin cups which are larger than regular muffin cups. This way muffins will be moist and will not dry out.
All your favourite recipes in one place
You may also like following recipes
Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
COOKS IN: 1 hour
- 80 g plain flour
- 80 g chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 g sweetened chestnut purée
- 50 g butter
- 1 medium egg
- 2 dl yogurt
- 20 g pistachios
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pistachios for decoration
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Place defrosted chestnut purée into a bowl and mash with a fork until you get a creamy texture.
- Place broken chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until you get smooth and silky texture. Add chestnut pureé and 1 tablespoon of amaretto and stir well with a whisk.
- Whisk one egg and yogurt together. Pour this into the chocolate mixture.
- Gradually fold in dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture using silicon spatula until everything incorporated. At the end add finely chopped pistachios.
- Line muffin tray with 6 tulip-shaped muffin cups and using a large spoon fill them 3/4 full.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake muffins for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate tops of muffins with roughly chopped pistachios before serving.
Some other recipes you would love