Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
These muffins have ideal combination of dark chocolate and chestnuts. We didn't use any added sugar in this recipe as we used sweetened chestnut pureé as well as chestnut flour which has its natural sweetness. We added pistachios in the batter for better taste. Yogurt gives moist texture to this muffins.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Place defrosted chestnut purée into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Melt the chocolate over the bain-marie, add butter and stir everything until you get smooth and silky texture. Add chestnut pureé and one tablespoon of amaretto and stir well with a whisk.
- Whisk one egg and add then add a yogurt and stir everything together. Pour this into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in gradually dry ingredients into chocolate mixture using large spoon until everything incorporated. At the end add finely chopped pistachios.
- Line muffin tray with 6 muffin cups and oil them. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them 3/4 full.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake muffins for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate muffins with white chopped pistachios before serving.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
You may also like