Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
These muffin recipe is one of our favourite ones and we assure you that they will be a success with your friends and family. Muffins are perfectly soft and rich in chocolate flavour thanks to the ingredients we used to make them. The most important is to use the quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa to get this rich chocolate flavour.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the chestnut purée which gives these muffins a delicate flavour and make them extra moist. We didn't use any added sugar as both chestnut purée and the chestnut flour we used are naturally sweet.
The end result of this recipe are soft and moreish chocolate muffins perfect for morning or afternoon tea.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Place defrosted chestnut purée into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Place broken chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently boiling water and stir until you get smooth and silky texture. Add chestnut pureé and one tablespoon of Amaretto and stir well with a whisk.
- Whisk one egg and add then add a yogurt and stir everything together. Pour this into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in gradually dry ingredients into chocolate mixture using large spoon until everything incorporated. At the end add finely chopped pistachios.
- Line muffin tray with 6 tulip-shaped muffin cups and using a lrage spoon fill them 3/4 full.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake muffins for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate tops of muffins with roughly chopped pistachios before serving.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
Other recipes you may like