Chocolate Almond Muffins
If you are looking for a rich and moist muffins then this chocolate almond
combination is the right choice for you...
If you are looking for a perfect muffin recipes you should try this one. Following it you will get moist muffins rich in taste due to melted chocolate we use in the recipe and toasted almonds that gives that special kick. Yogurt gives the muffins that moist texture. You should use quality dark chocolate in these muffins. We added amaretto liqueur but you can use any other liqueur you like.
COOKS IN: 60 MINUTES
- 80 g plain flour
- 80 g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 g almonds
- 30 g unsweetened cocoa
- 100 g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 medium egg
- 30 g sugar
- 70 g butter
- 2 dl yogurt
- 100 ml milk
- amaretto liqueur
- pinch of salt
- Prepare the almonds by toasting them in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until lightly golden. Half of the amount (40 g) ground finely while other half ground roughly.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the chocolate over the bain-marie and add butter until you get smooth texture. Add 1 tablespoon of amaretto liqueur to this.
- Whisk egg with sugar and then add yogurt, milk and chocolate mixture. Whisk everything together until incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into this mixture until batter is just blended. Add almonds at the end and combine everything together. The batter should be very thick.
- Oil the muffin cups and using a large scoop fill them 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes at 200°C, then reduce the heat to 175°C and continue baking for 10-12 minutes more. The cracks should look slightly moist and the edges should be firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Almond Muffins
You may also like