Chocolate Almond Muffins
MOIST & ALMOND MUFFINS
- 80 g plain flour
- 80 g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g almonds
- 30 g unsweetened cocoa
- 100 g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 medium egg
- 50 g sugar
- 70 g butter
- 2 dl yogurt
- 100 ml milk
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Combine the flour, ground almonds (50 g), cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate over the bain-marie and add butter until you get smooth texture. Add vanilla extract to this.
- Whisk egg with sugar and then add yogurt and chocolate mixture. Whisk everything until incorporated.
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into this mixture until batter is just blended. Add chopped almonds to this mixture (50 g).
- Oil the muffin cups and using a large scoop fill them 3/4 full.
- Place in the oven to bake for 7 minutes at 200, then reduce the heat to 175 and continue baking for 10-12 minutes more. The cracks should look slightly moist and the edges should be firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chocolate Almond Muffins