Chestnut Truffles Recipe
Truffles are among the easiest sweets you can possibly make, yet they are always received like a super special, super chic gift. To give as a present, place 8-10 truffles in individual paper cases inside small box tied with ribbon.
In this recipe we used store bought chestnut purée but you can also easily prepare one at home by boiling the chestnuts and then smashing them into purée. These truffles, dipped in quality dark chocolate will melt in your mouth.
Shop from a wide range of amazing products
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
DIFFICULTY: Super easy
FOR THE TRUFFLES
- 250 g sweetened chestnut purée
- 60 g Gran Cereale biscuits
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING
- Place the chestnut purée in a medium bowl an stir well with a fork. Add ground Gran Cereale cookies and a tablespoon of amaretto. Stir together until incorporated.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out little amount of the mixture and roll in the palm of your hand into bite-sized balls, placing them onto a baking lined with parchment paper. Once made place them in the fridge for about an hour.
- Break up the chocolate and put into a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Leave to melt, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate has melted, add butter and whisk everything together until you get smooth silky texture.
- Take out the truffles from the fridge and dip each into the chocolate. Place them on the tray covered with aluminium foil. Put the truffles back into the fridge until serving. Serve them in colourful paper cases.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chestnut Truffles Recipe
Some other recipes you would love