Chestnut Flour Cookies
These chestnut flour cookies are highly addictive and they will be gone in minutes...
If you are looking for a simple cookie recipe, here is the one we suggest you to try out. Besides plain flour we used here chestnut flour which is not so common ingredients but are widely used in Italy for preparation of delicious sweets and other food. Chestnut flour is produced from the dried and grounded chestnuts and can be bought from the special food stores. The chestnut flour, which is gluten-free, has a sweet taste and adds rich nutty flavour your sweets. These cookies are very easy to make and can be kept in the airtight container for a while.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- pinch of salt
- Sift both flours into a medium bowl, add sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add softened butter and milk to the flour and mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in a clingfilm and put in the fridge to rest for at least half an hour.
- Dust a clean surface and roll the dough out so it's about 5-6 mm thick. Cut the dough into shapes using cookie cutters and transfer them on a parchment-lined baking trays.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes on 170°C. Remove the cookies from the oven with thin metal spatula to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chestnut Flour Cookies
You may also like