Chestnut Flour Cookies
You should definitely prepare these interesting cookies made with chestnut flour which gives sweetness
These cookies are made with chestnut flour which gives them special sweet and delicate taste. Chestnut flour is among the most interesting ingredients used in Italian cuisine. This gluten-free flour is produced in the mountainous part of Tuscany where they produce it in a traditional way. The chestnut flour can be bought in most Italian food shops.
These cookies are made from the combination of plain and chestnut flour which gives them delicate and sweet taste.
COOKS IN: 30 MINUTES PLUS CHILLING
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- pinch of salt
- Sift the flours in a medium bowl and then add sugar and salt.
- Add softened butter and milk to the flour and work everything together by hand until you get smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in a clingfilm and put in the fridge to rest for at least half an hour.
- Dust a clean surface and roll the dough out so it's about 5-6 mm thick. Cut the cookies by cookie molds.
- Transfer the cookies on the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes on 170°C. Remove the cookies from the oven with thin metal spatula to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chestnut Flour Cookies
You may also like