Chestnut Flour Cookies
If you are looking for a simple cookie recipe, you should definitely try this one. In this recipe, we used combination of plain flour and uncommon chestnut flour which is widely used in Italy for preparation of delicious sweets and savoury dishes.
Chestnut flour, made from the dried and ground chestnuts, can be bought from the special food stores both in Italy and worldwide. This pale brown flour has a specific nutty flavour and is gluten-free making it suitable for those on a gluten-free diet. From chestnut flour you can prepare various sweets like pancakes, fritters, muffins, cakes as well as bread, gnocchi, pasta etc.
These sweet cookies are very easy to make and can be kept in the airtight container for a while.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling
- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g chestnut flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- pinch of salt
- Sift both flours into a medium bowl, add sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add softened butter and milk to the flour and mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling film and put in the fridge to rest for at least half an hour.
- Dust a clean surface and roll the dough out so it's about 5-6 mm thick. Cut the dough into shapes using cookie cutters and transfer them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes on 170°C. Remove the cookies from the oven with thin metal spatula to cool completely.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Chestnut Flour Cookies
Recommended for you
Other recipes you may like