Butternut Squash Gnocchi
Your first paragraph ...
- 1 kg raw butternut squash
- 1 medium egg
- 300 g flour (spelt + plain)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half, discard seeds and then cut in smaller pieces. Place squash, cut side up, on baking tray and brush with olive oil. Roast until squash is very tender - about 40-50 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Scoop flesh from squash and make a puree with fork or blender. Transfer to medium saucepan, stir constantly over medium heat until juices evaporate and puree thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Mix squash, egg, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Gradually add flours, kneading gently into mixture in bowl until dough holds together and is almost smooth. If dough is very sticky, add more flour. Turn dough out onto floured surface, knead gently but briefly just until smooth.
- Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper and sprinkle them lightly with flour. Take some amount of dough and roll into sausage. Cut the sausage into smaller pieces. Roll each gnocchi along back of the fork making ridges on 1 side. Transfer gnocchi to baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover loosely with clingfilm and chill at least 1 hour.
- Cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender. Using slotted spoon, transfer ghocchi to the bowl. Cool. Gnocchi can be made 8 hours ahead.
Home > Italian Pasta Recipes > Butternut Squash Gnocchi
You may also like