Butternut Squash Chips
During the autumn you will notice on each food market a bunches of amazing butternut squashes. They are ideal for making various dishes - from creamy soups, tender gnocchi or even delicious cakes.
One of the most easiest ways of preparing it is to make an oven baked chips. This recipe will help you to prepare healthy and tasty snack you can enjoy in every occasion. Rosemary leaves sprinkled over the chips gives a special flavour but you can use any other herb or spice.
- 1 butternut squash with long neck
- fresh rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil
- iced water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the neck of the squash off the base and peel it. Using a sharp knife or mandoline slicer, slice the squash into thin round slices (1 - 1.5 mm). They shouldn't be so thin because they will burn.
- Place the chips in a bowl with ice water for about 10 minutes (this removes any extra starch and makes the chips crispy). Strain the chips and dry with a kitchen paper.
- Place squash slices on prepared baking tray in one layer making sure the slices don't overlap at all. Brush slices with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped rosemary leaves.
- Bake the chips for about 15 minutes checking frequently to make sure they don't burn. Remove from the oven once they are brown and crispy. Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Butternut Squash Chips
Recommended for you
Other recipes you may like