Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes made from the combination of buckwheat and plain flour are healthy version of this popular treat
Buckwheat pancakes are a healthier version of this simple sweet. In this recipe we use the combination of plain and buckwheat flour. Buckwheat flour is a gluten-free flour rich in vitamins and minerals and gives this recipe interesting texture and nutty flavour.
Buckwheat flour is a great flour from which you can make almost everything - starting from bread, grissini, muffins, pasta or even gnocchi. This pancakes can be eaten plain as well as with some jam, any kind of sweet spread as well as with ricotta cheese.
- 1 egg
- 200 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- Put the both flours, baking powder, chia seeds and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and dig a little well in the centre. Put the egg and whish it gradually into the flour in circular motion.
- Pour the milk in slowly and continue whisking until you have a smooth batter that will look a little sticky and should be fairly runny. At the end add a tablespoon of chia seeds. Let is rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Grease the frying pan with oil and place on the medium heat allow it to warm. Ladle 3 tbsp batter into the middle of pan to make an evenly round pancakes. Allow to cook for a minute until it just starts to brown and then use a spatula to flip. Let it cook for another half minute before moving pancake onto a plate.
- Put the fillings of your choice on the pancakes while they are still warm.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
You may also like