TASTY ITALIAN SNACKS
Italian grissini are crunchy breadsticks with rustic appearance. They can be served as appetizers wrapped with slices of prosciutto or smoked salmon or they can be great snack to nibble on. You can use any type of flour for preparing them.
In this recipes we used combination of plain and buckwheat flour. Buckwheat flour is a gluten-free flour rich in vitamins and minerals. These grissini also contains flaxseeds and sesame seeds for special flavour. You can use any other seeds for making special flavour. You can shape them any way you prefer and make them thin or thick. They can be long as you wish (10 - 15 cm).
COOKS IN: 40 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 240 g plain flour
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 30 g flaxseeds
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried origano
- 180 ml warm water
- pinch of salt
- Combine together flaxseeds and sesame seeds. Mix half of the amount in the coffee grinder.
- Combine in a large bowl both kind of flours, prepared seeds, yeast and origano. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add gradually warm water and incorporate all ingredients until you get smooth and soft dough. Leave the dough to rest for about 1 hour until it slightly rise.
- From the dough make a 15 cm long sticks working with your hands and place them on the baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven on 200°C for about 15 minutes or until sticks began to get golden crust. Let them cool and enjoy.
Home > Italian Snack Recipes > Buckwheat Grissini
You may also like