The Best Tiramisu Recipe
This light dessert made from savoiardi and mascarpone creme
is an ideal choice for any occasion
This light and creamy dessert is among the most popular Italian desserts around the world. It originates from Veneto region in the north of Italy. There are numerous versions of this recipe but the classic tiramisu is made of a short list of ingredients: savoiardi cookies, egg yolks, sugar, coffee, mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder.
In this dessert we will add a whipping cream to make the cake lighter and foamy. Tiramisu is a dessert which can be prepared in only 30 minutes and it is ideal for every occasion, from the chic dinner to the simplest afternoon coffee break.
For more traditional Italian dessert recipes get one of Italian cookbooks that we recommend.
COOKS IN: 40 MINUTES PLUS CHILLING TIME
FOR TIRAMISU CREAM
- 4 medium eggs
- 114 g sugar
- 30 ml of water
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 g whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of rum or amaretto
THE REST OF INGREDIENTS
- 250 g savoiardi (ladyfingers)
- 4 cups of espresso coffee
- cocoa for dusting
- Prepare the espresso coffee without sugar and after a few minutes on the room temperature put in the fridge to cool. Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan put the water and sugar over low heat until you get syrup. When the syrup is ready pour it over egg yolks and continue whisking with an electric whisk on the highest setting for about 5 minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy. If you wish, add one tablespoon of rum, amaretto or any other liqueur.
- Fold mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture and then whipped cream. The tiramisu mixture should be creamy and perfectly mixed.
- Dip each ladyfinger in the coffee and make a layer of them in the prepared pan, then spread the half of tiramisu cream over them. Add a new layer of ladyfingers soaked in coffee and put the remaining cream on the top of them.
- Finish dusting the tiramisu with a cocoa. Place the cake into the fridge to cool until ready to serve (1-2 hours).
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > The Best Tiramisu Recipe
You may also like