The Best Tiramisu Recipe
This light and creamy dessert is among the most popular Italian desserts around the world. It originates from Veneto region in the north of Italy. There are numerous versions of this recipe but the classic tiramisu is made of a short list of ingredients: savoiardi, egg yolks, sugar, coffee, mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder.
In this dessert we will add a whipping cream to make the cake lighter and foamy. Tiramisu is a dessert which can be prepared in only 30 minutes and it is ideal for every occasion, from the chic dinner to the simplest afternoon coffee break.
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus chilling time
FOR TIRAMISU CREAM
- 4 medium eggs
- 114 g sugar
- 30 ml water
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 g whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon rum or amaretto
THE REST OF INGREDIENTS
- 250 g savoiardi (ladyfingers)
- 4 cups espresso coffee
- cocoa for dusting
- Prepare the espresso coffee without sugar and after a few minutes on the room temperature put in the fridge to cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks with electric mixer in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan put the water and sugar and over low heat until you get a syrup. When the syrup is ready pour it over egg yolks and continue whisking with an electric whisk on the highest setting for about 5 minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy. If you wish, add one tablespoon of rum, amaretto or any other liqueur.
- First fold mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture and then whipped cream. The tiramisu mixture should be creamy and perfectly mixed.
- Dip briefly each ladyfinger in the coffee and make a single layer of them in the prepared serving dish, then spread the half of tiramisu cream over them. Add a new layer of ladyfingers soaked in coffee and put the remaining cream on the top of them.
- Finish with dusting the tiramisu with a cocoa. Chill until ready to serve, but for at least 4 hours.
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > The Best Tiramisu Recipe
You may also like