Baci di Dama Cookies
These pretty little rounded cookies are made with hazelnuts and filled with pure dark chocolate...
This delicious cookies originates from the Piedmont region in the northwest of Italy. The name of these cookies means Lady's kisses. Baci di dama cookies pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea after the lunch.
Toasted hazelnuts are that gives them the taste but they can be made also with almonds. They are very delicate and irresistible, just one leaves you wanting more and no wonder that they are among the most popular cookies in Italy.
COOKS IN: 60 minutes
- 1 egg
- 300 g plain flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 300 g hazelnuts
- 200 g butter
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Toast the hazelnuts until they are a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and rub them until the skins come off. Ground and transfer them to a bowl, add the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and an egg. Mix all ingredients until you get smooth dough. Put the dough into the fridge for an hour to rest.
- Divide the dough into pieces and roll each piece into a log. Cut off equal-sized pieces (8 g each) and roll them into tiny balls. Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes at 160°C until they are lightly golden. Let the cookies cool completely before filling.
- Now prepare the filling for the cookies. Melt dark chocolate in a bowl, add butter and blend until becomes smooth. Put some chocolate ganache on one cookie and place another one on top.
- Once filled, put the cookies on a cooling wire rack until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy in this delicious hazelnut cookies!
Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Baci di Dama Cookies
You may also like