Home > Italian Dessert Recipes > Almond Cantuccini
We would like to share with you traditional recipe for almond cantuccini - Italian cookies known also as biscotti. These dry cookies are enriched with almonds but they comes in a variety of versions. If you's prefer different nuts, spices, dried fruits, chocolate pieces you can be creative and play around.
Cantuccini are so easy to prepare and they can keep for a month if they don't disappear before then as they are so delicious. They are perfect for dipping into tea, coffee or even dessert wine. This recipe makes 20 biscotti, so there will be more than enough of these Italian cookies to go round.
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
- 240 g plain flour
- 80 g caster sugar
- 120 g whole almonds
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and toast them lightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar, then add amaretto, grated orange zest and a pinch of salt.
- Combine together the flour and baking powder and add gradually to the egg mixture. Work with your hands to get compact soft dough. Add the almonds and incorporate them into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and directly on the baking tray form two logs - 5 cm wide and 1 cm high. Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for about 20 - 25 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- Cool the logs slightly and cut them diagonally into 1 cm thick slices. Lay the slices flat on the baking tray, turn the oven down to 140°C and bake for another 5 - 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
Some other recipes you would love